Community-Based Rehabilitation (ACBR) Program for the disabled was started in January 210 in 23 villages of Sangli district, Maharashtra, India supported by Kinder Not Hilfe;¬ (KNH) and Holistic Child Development Indro (HCDI) Pune.
The program is visualized and designed to address the immediate needs of PWD and work with the community at large. It sets out to impact the socio-economic development of the target¬ community, education, training and rehabilitation of children and adults with disability empowerment of women and the marginalized.
Objectives of the Project
1. To rehabilitate the disabled children
2. To rehabilitate the disabled youth
3. To improve the economic status of the families of disabled persons
4. To improve the economic status of the poorer in the identified villages
5. To build the capacity of the communities to respond to the needs of the disabled
6. To help people to develop positive attitudes toward disability
7. To promote the rights of the disabled
8. To prevent the occurrence of disability
9. To promote the rights of the poorest
Project of Sangli Mission Society, with the financial help of KNH in its second phase, is working in 15 villages for empowering the disabled for integration and inclusion of 2433 disabled ones through advocating with government systems, duty bearers and public structures like DPOs, CBOs and NGOs
Sits second CBR project in 8 villages of Hatkanangale Tehsil of Kolhapur district. It aims to empower children and persons with disabilities for integrating them into all aspects of developmental and societal life toward an inclusive society by enabling the community to achieve inclusion of Children with Disabilities (CWDs). This project is funded by Liliane Fonds via the Catholic Health Association of India (CHAI)